This topic contains 12 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by  Deepak Chopra 4 years ago.

• Author

sara jones
    Participant
    5 votes
    @sara-jones

If humans as a species have been granted consciousness and self awareness but experience a unique journey, could it be that soul mates share an intertwined experience resulting in a merged or one consciousness?

This post has received 1 vote up.
  • #5428 Score: 0

Aurora Carlson
    Keymaster
    110 votes
    @aurorac

Dear Sara, a warm welcome to the forum! I believe this topic will interest many, for love is a subject that all people love, regardless if they know it or not 🙂

Have you had an opportunity to discuss this with the people in your life? How was your question received in that case?

I wonder what other members would say about this. @paul , @derek-whitney, @richa, @anitasanjuan ?

• #5450 Score: 1

Richa
    Participant
    32 votes
    @richa

That is a beautiful question. I believe that soul mates share their energy with one another, and this exchange of energy merges their unique experiences into one consciousness.

I remember reading Dr. Deepak Chopra’s, “The Path to Love,” and am citing from the book:
    “If you are the world, how can you be conscious of it? Consciousness and the world appear and disappear together, hence they are two aspects of the same state….As long as the mind is there, your body and the world are there. Your world is mind-made, subjective, enclosed within the frame, fragmentary, temporary, personal, hanging on the thread of memory.” (P. 296)

Yes, we experience a unique journey, but ultimately in our spiritual journey, awareness, being, and love cannot be destroyed. You are in love when you know you are love. Love evolves and expands life. We grow by following the flow of love. To love, one has to be lovable to his or her soulmate. Love’s organizing potential is infinite.

Dr. Chopra says in “The Path to Love,” “expansion of consciousness is the road to ecstasy.” In my opinion, eternal divine love is ecstasy. Ecstasy takes you away from ego limits.

When we exchange energy with our soulmate in a divine state of mind, we experience cosmic ecstasy. Some of us attain liberation and become citizens of the universe. Attaining moksha means, we have realized the following: “I am That, Thou art That, All this is That.” We experience an end to karmic bondage and become one with our soulmate. Then we can experience merged or one consciousness. Union is complete when love becomes boundless, infinite and unconditional.

Shiva is divine masculine energy. Shakti is divine feminine energy.
    As “The Path to Love” describes, “Shiva is silence. Shakti is power. Shiva is creativity. Shakti is creation. Shiva is love. Shakti is loving.” (P. 236) When the cosmic energies, Shiva and Shakti, unite passionate flow creates divine unity consciousness and infinite creative potential. Marriage is a play of the divine. When soulmates come together, their love, power, and spirit are one. Two soulmates come together in divine love and become merged or one consciousness.

I hope that makes sense.

Deepest regards,

Richa

• #5495 Score: 0

Aurora Carlson
      Keymaster
      110 votes
      @aurorac

Dear Richa, yes it makes perfect sense to me 🙂 The Path to Love is one of my favorite books of all times, it really is a book I think every couple should read. It would put divorce lawyers out of business!
      It’s such a joy to connect with people who understand that any issue we encounter is always about expansion of consciousness.

• #5471 Score: 1

Derek Whitney
    Participant
    22 votes
    @derek-whitney

Thank you Sara for the question, Aurora for the encouragement to respond and Richa for outlining beautifully what I personally resonate and completely agree with.

My own personal experience of awakening, which is ongoing, first occurred in ‘seeing’ from beyond my eyes the divine in another I had only met 10 minutes before, I sensed something deep was being recognised and shared, without knowing at the time what it was.
    When we first tenderly kissed that same day, which was unexpected in itself – a ‘knowing’ that true Love was being shared was strongly internally communicated.

It was the further informed only on reading Laurence G. Boldt’s ‘TAO of Abundance’ 6 months later, where he writes of what merge consciousness is, that I immediately knew that this was what had been blissfully experienced.

Sadly the divine other that I shared that experience with, reverted to human form and thought processing of all not long afterwards – while to me it has never felt honouring in ceasing to reverentially and with deep gratitude appreciate the divinity of what was shared.
    As Richa so aptly puts it, the’infinite creative power and potential’ of what was shared. It was boundless, fearless, formless, completely transcendant and it gifted me the highest experience of knowing my non form being – infinitely moreso than any other experience of this life.

I carry the lived learning of ‘knowing’ all that ‘we’ could have been and shared – while observing how human identification with form and thought reduced and reduces literally unlimited everything to nothing.

It is a fascinating experiential learning and one that I feel called to share as part of the book ‘Feltness’ that I am currently writing.

The Feltness being a divinely received term for the non abstract, literal truth of the invisible, sensitive (Loving), intelligent energy of the Universe that we all, at essence are.

Namaste to all and how cosmic it is to be communicating with a small growing global community who live from the Oneness/Feltness shared.

• #5496 Score: 0

Aurora Carlson
      Keymaster
      110 votes
      @aurorac

Thank you for sharing your view and the story Derek, I appreciate it! In the book mentioned by Richa, The Path to Love, Deepak describes that phenomenon as “the return of the ego”. Billions of couples must have experienced that! I guess you fell in love instantly, but of course not everyone is ready to live from there. It’s scary, that state is much too much love, too much light and possibility, too intense! I remind myself of this every time people, as they often do, only allow a tiny little crumb of love to happen in relationships, and I mean the most mundane ones. In every encounter, we can only come from the degree of expansion we know, and those who know it all have to be gentle sometimes. It’s really scary for some people to be loved and to be love.

• #5622 Score: 1

Menas Kafatos
    41 votes
    @menask

Beautiful thoughts by all, put in concrete forms. I would add to the question with the following observations/thoughts: Maybe we are all soulmates of each other. But of course I realize that even though everyone else is our brother or our sister, some people have more affinity to us. Two things come to mind: Perhaps karma in the end is what really explains the affinity. And in modern quantum therms, the concept of resonance. In a resonance situation two objects or systems are “closer” in terms of possible outcomes because the probability function they share is commonly maximized between them.

The bottom line: Soulmates are bound to us because of karmic resonances. But everyone in a sense is our soul mate because everyone has a soul!

• #5635 Score: 0

Aurora Carlson
      Keymaster
      110 votes
      @aurorac

I agree Menas! In the spirit of Shakespeare,
      “all the world is consciousness,
      and all the men and women merely soul-mates.” 🙂
      Resonance, yes. I also see non-local correlation as a phenomenon I have greatly enjoyed in the most close relationships. But in the end, it turned out that this correlation happens in the entire “field of soul-mates” which includes everyone. Another name for this phenomenon is synchronicity I guess.

• #5624 Score: 1

Diane E. Harper
    Participant
    12 votes
    @diane-e-harper

Glad to read the ideas posted here. I’ll come back and check in. I’m coming to understand more how the sub-conscious mind must be made obvious in order to make changes in ones life. In my personal experience I had to go back in time via memory to find how an event then created my life as it evolved to now. The lesson I learned (although a false lesson) was not one of love but the absence of love and that it was beyond my having.
    I’d say to anyone who is looking for love via a soul mate that it’s an inside job first.
    Peace and thanks, Diane

• #5636 Score: 0

Aurora Carlson
      Keymaster
      110 votes
      @aurorac

Great insight Diane! It’s an inside job, I agree 🙂 A very rewarding job too…

• #5627 Score: 1

Ana Sanjuan
    Participant
    11 votes
    @anitasanjuan

Ahh big subject.

On one hand, we can say that we are all soul mates- all incarnated at this space-time domain. In the Yogic tradition, we would say that we all incarnated at this time for a purpose specific to humanity’s evolution.

But if we want to create a distinction between people we feel resonance with, compared to those we don’t, then I would say there are different types of soulmates that I have experienced in my life.

I am blessed with soul mates who I define as those are dedicated to my soul’s growth, as I am dedicated to theirs. These soul mates have been in my life through many passages; childhood, adolescence, early adulthood, and onward. I know they are committed to my growth unconditionally, and we are each other’s confidantes through our deeply souls’ journey. We bring each other comfort, joy, perspective and love. A common characteristic of these soul mates is that we became deep fast friends quickly- almost as if we were meeting each other “again.”

Another type of soul mates are those I believe I came to support, or be supported, through powerful karmic experiences, such as tragic death or learning a significant soul lesson. For example, during 9/11 I lost a friend on Flight 93, and I remain a primary support to his wife and daughter. As we lived through that experience it felt very clear to us that this was all part of a plan,(even 9/11 was destiny). She and I believe that we (she, our deceased beloved, and I) have lived through similar experiences before and that we should feel peace about it. This is how we felt naturally and also what we received in messages from our deceased friend. These soul mates are laden with feelings of intuition and synchronicity.

Finally, there is the romantic soul mate. I am blessed to have “love at first sight” 18 years ago when I met my husband, now the father of my two children. This soul mate meets the two definitions I outline above, and also there is the intimacy and feeling of being each other’s romantic beloveds.

Sometimes I meet total strangers and feel immediately as if I have known them well- almost as of I move into another dimension with them. This to me is another soul mate, although I may not stay in relationship with them. Rathe it is a sweet hello and passing.

It is good to think about this- knowing all along that we all come from one source- we are all differentiated expression of ‘one.”

Love- Ana

• #5637 Score: 0

Aurora Carlson
      Keymaster
      110 votes
      @aurorac

Thank you for sharing @anitasanjuan! Beautiful thoughts about the different flavors of soul-mate connections!
      To me, spiritual connections are dharmic in nature, their purpose is evolution, and they express themselves in the best way for everyone involved. The relationships can be of any type, but they strongly advance the personal and collective soul on it’s path to self-realization. It is wonderful to consciously live this way, isn’t it? 🙂

• #5667 Score: 0

Deepak Chopra
    60 votes
    @deepakchopra

Dear @sara-jones, thank you for your question! I have answered in Readers Ask: Soulmates

Love,
    Deepak

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

X