The importance of self introspection

////The importance of self introspection

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Aurora Carlson 4 years ago.

• Author

Vikram Chauhan
    Participant
    11 votes
    @vikram-chauhan

@question

I cannot emphasize enough the importance of self introspection. We simply have to ask ourselves the question “who am I”.

And this simple question will result in our awaking.

I want to ask all memembers on the forum to ask the question “who am I?”.

And ask the question through self introspection.

Is there any way I can spread the importance of this meditation to all members of the forum?

Maybe the authors can echo my voice – since this is the single most important question that one can ask.

@question: I have a humble request to the authors, to spread this meditation technique among all members of the forum. Maybe all members of the human society.

Thanks a lot!
    Vikram

This post has received 1 vote up.
  • #6138 Score: 0

Aurora Carlson
    Keymaster
    110 votes
    @aurorac

Dear Vikram, how wonderful that you are aware of the importance of introspection. The question of identity has been central to humans during all times, and all wisdom traditions but also philosophy have looked at this question in depth.

Any human activity is done from some kind of conscious or unconscious answer to this particular question, from a definition of self that implies some degree of self-awareness. Physicalist science has assumed the role of explaining the world to humans in the last couple of hundred years and sadly, it has shaped a lot of people’s minds according to the view that ” I am a thing which has appeared randomly, has learned to think, has to fight to survive and will vanish through death”. So I fully agree with you that finding out who we are is the most important quest anyone can embark on.

As to the authors of You Are the Universe – I hope you do realize that the entire book is an affirmation of an expanded identity, thus a call for both science and humanity to reassess the narrow physicalist answers we have collectively been holding. In other words, this entire forum is about that particular question and its ramifications. On the forum you will find a topic started by Menas called Who Am I and if you google “Deepak Chopra who am I what is my purpose” you will get over 19 million hits, as these are the two main soul questions Deepak has guided everyone to ask for over 40 years.

So dear Vikram, I guess that the question “Is there any way I can spread the importance of this meditation” has been answered by the authors in innumerable ways during the years, including with this book and forum. Also, you might find that many if not most members of the forum are actually people who are already exploring our true identity.

Maybe you are looking for your own answer? If so, let us know what you come up with 🙂

• #6140 Score: 1

Vikram Chauhan
    Participant
    11 votes
    @vikram-chauhan

@aurorac

Thanks aurora for your reply! Yes, I am on a journey of discovering myself. My journey started about 13 years ago – when I first asked myself the question “who am I?”.

Over the 13 years, I came to know that I am nothing else but the universe. But that takes me to a further quest – what is the universe (since the answer to my question does not end here)? And learning from my spiritual teachers like Deepak, Amit Goswami, Menas and many others, I came to know that the universe is pure potentialities.

Potentialities is a thought construct – it a construct of consciousness.

But what consciousness are we speaking of, without any being? So there has to be a conscious “being”. And that conscious being is God.

A God that is formless and timeless. A God that has only one attribute – and that attribute is consciousness: we can call that consciousness universal consciousness or cosmic consciousness.

Yes, I have come a long long way in my journey – and there is a long long way to go. And the most thrilling part of it is that the journey never ends.

I have the book “You Are the Universe” in my hands right now and am thrilled to see what all new horizons it is taking me to, in my journey.

With love and respect,
    Vikram

This post has received 1 vote up.
    • #6157 Score: 0

Aurora Carlson
      Keymaster
      110 votes
      @aurorac

Dear Vikram, thank you for sharing your story! Am so glad that you got the book, I think you will have many enjoyable moments and insights. Looking forward to the discussions! 🙂

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

X