The Universe Is… Because We Are? Or We Are… Because The Universe Is?

////The Universe Is… Because We Are? Or We Are… Because The Universe Is?

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Deepak Chopra 4 years ago.

• Author

Psychedelicacy
    Participant
    13 votes
    @psychedelicacy

How can we for sure know which way it is? I always seem to drift back and forth between viewing things as all one non-local consciousness and then to viewing everything scientifically. Here’s a quote related to this topic, from the scientific point of view:

“If we long to believe that the stars rise and set for us, that we are the reason there is a universe, does science do us a disservice in deflating out conceits?” – Carl Sagan, The Demon-Haunted World: Science As A Candle In The Dark (1995).

Here’s some related questions to think on, if desired (sorry if there seems to be a bias towards physicalism in some of these questions):

What determines who ends up existing within the universe/multiverse/reality and who doesn’t?
    Why am I part of reality opposed to not ever being a part of reality?
    Why is there something (consciousness existing anywhere) rather than nothing?
    Why is there something (“physical reality”) rather than nothing?
    What specifies which organism/physical system I inhabit within reality?
    What is anything?/what is actually going on?
    Is “physical reality” outside of us/our consciousness, or is “physical reality” within us?

• #6834 Score: 0

Deepak Chopra
    60 votes
    @deepakchopra

Dear @psychedelicacy , thank you for your question! I have answered in Readers Ask: Is Physical Reality Outside or Within Us?

Love,
    Deepak

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

X