Understanding qualia program and individual pain and suffering

////Understanding qualia program and individual pain and suffering

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Aurora Carlson 4 years ago.

• Author

jufrank
    Participant
    @jufrank

@question
    I have read and reread the book and listened to many of your videos, but am still struggling with the concept that we are a “qualia program”. My 16 year old son died of a drug overdose last year. Why would this experience be part of any conscious universe? If we are simply experiences, why can we not simply reset? these concepts seem easy to understand when we are speaking about global suffering, but when it comes down to individual pain and suffering, why would a conscious universe create experiences of this nature.

• #6864 Score: 0

Aurora Carlson
    Keymaster
    110 votes
    @aurorac

Dear @jufrank I’d just like to say how sorry I am for your loss. Grief is never easy and I don’t think that an intellectual understanding can replace the need for a deep processing of a painful experience. For whatever it’s worth, I don’t believe suffering is ever consciously chosen, and neither beginnings nor endings need to be painful. But I would like to assure you that there is a perspective from where suffering is not possible anymore, and with all my heart, I wish you that. Don’t give up on looking for it!

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

X